Saul “Canelo” Alvarez said Friday he planned to end Gennady Golovkin’s career with the two boxing rivals and will probably meet for the third time this year.
Five years after the first bout of a controversial draw ended, Mexican icon Alvarez and Golovkin provided a heavy-hitting trilogy in Las Vegas on September 17 to put together their once and for all interpretations.
Golovkin will inspect the super-medium weight division headquarters, as well as both the Alvarez World Boxing Council (WBC), International Boxing Federation (IBF), World Boxing Organization (WBA) and World Boxing Organization (WBO) belts.
The long-awaited competition in the T-Mobile Arena will lead the line under competition that has become more and more fierce in recent years.
He suggests that contention broke out on Friday when two people came face-to-face, going nose to nose, about two minutes before the press conference happens.
31-year-old Alvarez (57-2-2, 39 knockouts) said he was planning to send Golovkino forty-year-old into retirement by knockout.
“I’ll do it for sure,” said Alvarez. “This is the only way I want to finish this fight.”
Alvarez added that Golovkin made personal beatings, accusing the Kazakh of talking to him in some nonsensical circumstances.
“It’s personal to me,” Alvarez said. “I’m just this. I’m not pretending to be another person or saying things in the media, and then I came here and pretend I didn’t say anything.
“He pretends to be two different people, but he’s not an asshole.
“He pretends to be a nice guy and then talks shit a lot the other times. Just be a man and say what you say.”
Golovkin, meanwhile, shrugged off Alvarez’s verbal jabs.
Reigning WBA and IBF champion Intermediate, who was beaten by Alvarez in his second meeting in September 2018, in another hugely controversial decision, his third meeting was merely a matter of concern.
“I don’t think it was personal,” said Golovkin. “This game. I am who I am. I try to be different guys. I’m going to the box.
“If you have anything personal against me, that’s not my problem.”
Golovkin (42-1-1, 37 knockouts) fought hard in April, knocking Japan’s Ryota Murata in the ninth round.
Alvarez, meanwhile, will be fighting for the first time since last month when he was ejected by Dmitry Bivol, in what turned out to be a fatally fatal way of jumping the heavy light-division.
Alvarez said he wants to return quickly in the ring despite the natural disaster that comprises his return to Bivolum.
“It was great for a lot of people to return after one or two years of loss,” he said. “But I’m in boxing because I want to be one of the best fighters in history.”
Golovkin trainer Johnathon Banks, meanwhile, has rejected suggestions Alvarez is likely to become a less risky opponent after the loss to Bivol.
“It’s never a good time to fight Canelo Alvarez,” Banks said.
“He’s gonna play a tough fight with whoever is in the ring. Canelo Alvarez is a world class fighter. Never feared anyone.”